Purcell Collegiate School supports and encourages student leadership by engaging guest speakers and leadership workshops with students. Participating students will be connected with industry leaders and innovators that will challenge and inspire them in four areas which include but are not limited to:
- Planning, Organizing, Strategizing
- Teamwork and Communication
- Public Speaking and Facilitation
- Leadership Styles and Actions
- Emotional Intelligence
• Planning and Delegating
- Understanding Your School Community
- Integration of Media and Creative Design
- Community Outreach
- The Basics of Team Building
- Motivating Yourself and Others
Students will take part in a passion project where they will aim to make a positive change or impact in their community. Students will also complete a leadership development plan that will guide their goals and aspirations in leadership.
Students who successfully complete their annual project will receive a grade-specific LeaderSHIFT badge for the Passport for Good portfolio.